GCRA to host All American Rowing Camp - June 19-21
June 10, 2013 - All spots are full, but a wait-list is in effect should there be any cancellations.
This year the camp will be held Wednesday June 19 through Friday Jun 21. Founder Mark Wilson is pleased to be the coach!
There are three schedules to choose from:
Full day camp: 8 rows (2 morning, 1 afternoon) for $375
Split shift AM Camp: 6 rows (2 rows ending at lunch) for $275
Split shift PM Camp: 6 rows (2 rows starting after lunch) for $275
Split shift schedule will be JUST the morning or JUST the afternoon. A great way to be flexible with work commitments!
GCRA members will have first priority for registration through MAY 18th. After May 18 spots will be available on a first come first served basis to anyone wishing to participate.
I will need your registration forms and $100 deposit in order to secure your spot.
Any questions or to set up a time to drop off your registration contact Nicky Fried.
See you on the water!
|Volunteer for Midwest Masters Sprints - June 15th
It's that time of year again....time for the Midwest Masters Sprints (MMS)A We need everyone to volunteer so that we run another safe and successful regatta.
Please go to SignUpGenius and volunteer!
GCRA has enrolled in the Kroger Community Rewards Program, and we are asking all Kroger shoppers to register your Kroger Plus card with our group. All monies raised through the rewards program will be used to support GCRA’s efforts to offer the highest quality adult rowing experience in Central Ohio.
PLEASE FOLLOW THE STEPS LISTED BELOW TO SIGN UP FOR THE KROGER COMMUNITY REWARDS PROGRAM:
- Be sure to have your Kroger Plus card handy to register your card with GCRA.
- If you don’t have a Kroger Plus card, they are available at the customer service desk at any Kroger.
- Do you use your phone number at the register? Call 877-576-7587 to get your Kroger Plus card number.
- Register your Kroger Plus Card online at krogercommunityrewards.com
- Click on Sign In/Register
- If you are a new online customer, click on SIGN UP TODAY in the ‘New Customer?’ box.
Please note - you must swipe your registered Kroger Plus card or use the phone number that is related to your registered Kroger Plus card when shopping for each purchase to count towards GCRA’s fund raising goal.
- Sign up for a Kroger Rewards Account by entering zip code, clicking on favorite store, entering your email address and creating a password, agreeing to the terms and conditions
- You will then get a message to check your email inbox and click on the link within the body of the email.
- Click on My Account and use your email address and password to proceed to the next step.
- Click on Edit Kroger Community Rewards information and input your Kroger Plus card number.
- Update or confirm your information.
- Enter GCRA’s NPO number (91708) or GCRA’s name, select “Greater Cols. Rowing Assoc.” from the list, and click on confirm.
- To verify you are enrolled correctly, you will see GCRA’s name on the right side of your information page.
Thank you for taking part of this worthwhile effort!
The final results for the 29th Annual Speakmon Memorial Regatta has been posted on our Regatta Results page. Make sure to check out them!
Congratulations to GCRA rowers that won the first ever Speakmon Trophy! Also congratulations to everyone that has participated in the regatta. It was a great showing by everyone in a very friendly atmosphere.
Many thanks to the many volunteers
that made this regatta happen. We couldn't do it without them.
Also thanks to the vendors that were at the regatta providing people with memories and much needed calories!
And here is our newest coxswain-in-training Wesley Cecil:
Jen Dunlap, who took amazing photos during the MMS regatta, has posted the photos! Just go to Regatta Photos section on the left menu and click on the 2012 Midwest Masters album to see the latest MMS photos. You can look at photos from previous regattas in different albums as well.
Want to get a mug with your boat picture on it? Just go add the photo to your cart and choose the mug option. Next time you go to Colin's coffee, give them your new mug to drink your favorite flavors!